My loves, my life......

Sunday, April 27, 2008

In Memory of Ruth Cox

Our "Mimi" passed away on April 19th, 2008 in Elizabethtown, KY with her family by her side at home on the farm. We all knew that this time was coming soon but it still doesn't make it any easier. So, we will look at all the good in her life.... Mimi and Pawpaw were married an astounding 72 1/2 years!! Is that awesome or what? They have three children, eight grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren: that is awesome, too!! Mimi had lots of family and great friends in her life. Mimi will truly be missed by many!! We know that she is no longer suffering or in pain and that she is watching over all of us!!
God bless you and may you rest in peace, Mimi.....


This picture was taken earlier this year when I took my kids to visit Mimi and Pawpaw. It is the youngest (Christian) and oldest (Mimi) in our family.

I'd like the memory of me
to be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an afterglow
of smile when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo
whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing
times and bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who
grieve, to dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.

Ruth Stovall Cox May 16, 1914 - April 19, 2008

1 comment:

Stephanie Trede said...

Thank you Courtney for your tribute. It is beautiful. I miss Mimi so much, cannot believe she is gone. Not a day goes by that I do not think of her. She was indeed our Mimi- sweet, wonderful, and dear Mimi. Take Care. Love Steph