My loves, my life......

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In Remembrance...

COURTLAND W. COX
October 7, 1916 - August 20, 2008

Our Pawpaw died peacefully in his sleep last week in his own bed on the farm. We are all very saddened by his death and will all feel a great void in our lives without him around. He had such an impact on so many lives and was a good and honest person. Pawpaw will be missed greatly!!!


Pawpaw and Christian.. Pawpaw came up the first of August for Christian's birthday party. We are SO very glad that he came and we got to spend that afternoon with him.

While I was at the farm, I took some pictures around the farm. Here they are:


The house, "little" house, gas shed and fields.



The barn and field in the background.


One of the sheds he kept his "John Deere" tractors in.


Another field...


Some of Pawpaw's great- grand kids... Madeleine, Claire, Jason, Reagan, Christian, Abby, Jared and Nathan. There is a total of 8 grand kids and 19 great-grand kids.


The highchair Christian is sitting in was Pawpaw's when he was a child. Every grandchild and great-grand child has sat in this chair to eat and have their picture taken.


I wanted to get some pictures of my kids in Pawpaw's "newest" John Deere tractor.
I think this is the most perfect picture... Doesn't he look like he was born to be a "little farm boy"?
I am sure Pawpaw was smiling down on us because he loved his tractors and his family.


Reagan "driving" on of the older tractors.




We love you Pawpaw and you will be missed by your family and friends. May you rest in peace with Mimi.







No comments: