My loves, my life......

Monday, October 27, 2008

Jack-O-Lantern's....

We got around to carving our Jack-O-Lantern's today. We started out first by carving a small one with the kids I babysit for then ended the day by doing our BIG ones. I think over the past two weeks we have gotten eight (yes, eight!) pumpkins. And by no means, am I carving all of them!!

The pictures below are from today with all the little ones. Some of them enjoyed it for.... about a whole five minutes then were off playing a game. A couple wanted to help and others had nothing to do with touching the insides. They all decided they wanted a "bat" carved. Lucky me!!!





Luke had no problem sticking his hand inside...


And Emma had NOTHING to do with sticking her hand inside no matter what Reagan tried to say....


Christian had a blast sticking his head inside (or at least trying to) and yelling as loud as he could.....

Now, here are the ones from tonight. What a difference from earlier today... I guess today some kiddos had better things to "play" than to sit and watch me. But tonight..... they all three had to be on top of the table, right in the middle of everything I was doing!! With that said, I came upon the conclusion that whoever decided pumpkins should be carved, did not 1) have three children ages four to one and 2) they had help. So, I called for backup; Lisa, Kimberly and Madeleine came to give me a hand before I went "mad". The kids had "goo" EVERYWHERE!!! My table, floor, walls, door handles, themselves and places you could only think of had "goo" on it or in it. See why I came to my conclusion?? Anyway, we got the two BIG pumpkins carved, everyone and everything cleaned up and I didn't go "mad". I guess the old saying is true, "It takes a village to raise a child". That was so true tonight....


Christian loved sticking the spoon inside and decided that pumpkin rinds don't taste too bad:)

Everytime Reagan pulled some "goo" out she would say, "Yuck!" or "This is awesome!".

We thought we might lose Claire in this pumpkin. She is trying to clean out the bottom and the pumpkin is soo big and she is soo tiny that we thought her whole body was going in....

My "backup" (Kimberly) helping out with the second pumpkin. I never would have made it to that one if I had to do it all by myself, THANK YOU, Kimberly!! And Lisa for giving baths and Madeliene for picking out the seeds to toast!!!

Our final products... Nothing too fancy but that is OK. The kids LOVED them and that is the most important thing!!

All clean and happy....
Whew, what a day!!!!

1 comment:

KIM :-) said...

Your pumpkins look great!! You have much more patience then I to even attempt 3 pumpkins! 1 was enough for me and I only had to monsters crawling all over me! HAHA :-) Good job!